Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 644 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 65  Next
 Post subject: Re: Slamtilt's new releases on his new website
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:57 pm 

djlunchbox wrote:
Wait so even if it appears all green with the ' at the beginning, those physics aspects will still affect the gameplay?

I thought if they were commented out they didnt?

Typically comments are ignored by the script; however, Rav created this method a long time ago. I suspect the reasoning behind adding an XML as a comment at the time is the script would not generate any errors if someone tried to play a table that had an XML in the script and did not have BAM installed. Of course, the table without BAM would end up ignoring the XML in the script and would use the default physics.

It is a time that has past now. Most of the tables posted now require BAM to be installed or you will get a script error, usually of the type that says it does not recognize the script "xBAM...".

George

Last edited by GeorgeH on Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:58 pm 

Runner wrote:
Hey George, btw Gimli said he would check with RAV because the XBAM.BallSpeedLimit parameter is not working. I tried with a setting of 1 which I figured would stop the ball pretty much and it was as fast as usual. So I guess it's the same thing you mentioned in your post.

Interesting, I wasn't aware of that. It is actually better to change the strength settings of the objects on the table so it produces the speed you want anyway.

George

Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:33 am 

GeorgeH wrote:
Runner wrote:
Hey George, btw Gimli said he would check with RAV because the XBAM.BallSpeedLimit parameter is not working. I tried with a setting of 1 which I figured would stop the ball pretty much and it was as fast as usual. So I guess it's the same thing you mentioned in your post.

Interesting, I wasn't aware of that. It is actually better to change the strength settings of the objects on the table so it produces the speed you want anyway.

George

I'm curious to see what setting a maximum speed will do to the physics of a table. You all likely already experimented with this parameter before, and it may all be for naught. I've only just started to play around with scripts about a month ago so I am still learning.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:04 pm 

Runner wrote:
I'm curious to see what setting a maximum speed will do to the physics of a table. You all likely already experimented with this parameter before, and it may all be for naught. I've only just started to play around with scripts about a month ago so I am still learning.

I haven't noticed any effect. At its worst, you might see the ball speed up to the limit and then suddenly not go any faster. I have never noticed this happening though. The fastest speeds usually come off bumpers and the effects of the limiter are too fast to see.

If you are interested in ball speed. Ravarcade created some code for me that I use for the custom physics I create. I try to set the plunger to have a ball speed between 3000 and 4000 and try not to exceed 5000 anywhere on the table. This is the subroutine that you can save anywhere:

Code:
'Rav's Fastest ball speed debug start
' ----------------------- This will record fastest ball (and display new record) -------------------
Dim FastestBallSpeed
FastestBallSpeed = 0
Sub NewtonPhysicsTick()
   Dim Ball
   Set Ball = xBAM.BallCloseTo(0,0,0)

If Ball.Exist Then
      If FastestBallSpeed < Ball.Speed Then
         FastestBallSpeed = Ball.Speed
         AddDebugText "New Ball Speed Record: " & FastestBallSpeed
      End If
   End If
End Sub
'Rav's Fastest ball speed debug end

You save this inside the keycode subroutine"

Code:
' --------------------------- Add this to FuturePinball_KeyPressed, to reset and read Ball Speed Record
   If KeyCode = 82 Then FastestBallSpeed = 0                                    ' KeyCode = 82 = '0' on numpad
   If KeyCode = 79 Then AddDebugText "Ball Speed Record: " & FastestBallSpeed   ' KeyCode = 79 = '1' on numpad

It finds the maximum ball speed that you can reset by pressing pressing "0" on the number pad. You have to play the table in debug mode for it to work. To play a table in debug mode, you need to open the FP editor and press F9 or open the "Table" menu and select the debug window option. Some of the alternate FP executables do not have a debug option so you will need to find one that does it that occurs.

George

Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:19 pm 

Thanks George I messed with the internal physics in the script and got the tables playing awesome now.

Slam's next release! I can't wait for this to drop even tho i'll still keep the doflinx edition.

https://youtu.be/8eVlnLWlZMw

Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:52 pm 

GeorgeH wrote:
Runner wrote:

I haven't noticed any effect. At its worst, you might see the ball speed up to the limit and then suddenly not go any faster. I have never noticed this happening though. The fastest speeds usually come off bumpers and the effects of the limiter are too fast to see.

If you are interested in ball speed. Ravarcade created some code for me that I use for the custom physics I create. I try to set the plunger to have a ball speed between 3000 and 4000 and try not to exceed 5000 anywhere on the table. This is the subroutine that you can save anywhere:

Code:
' ----------------------- This will record fastest ball (and display new record) -------------------
Dim FastestBallSpeed
FastestBallSpeed = 0
Sub NewtonPhysicsTick()
   Dim Ball

If Ball.Exist Then
      End If
   End If
End Sub

Code:
' --------------------------- Add this to FuturePinball_KeyPressed, to reset and read Ball Speed Record
   If KeyCode = 82 Then FastestBallSpeed = 0                                    ' KeyCode = 82 = '0' on numpad
   If KeyCode = 79 Then AddDebugText "Ball Speed Record: " & FastestBallSpeed   ' KeyCode = 79 = '1' on numpad

It finds the maximum ball speed that you can reset by pressing pressing "0" on the number pad. You have to play the table in debug mode for it to work. To play a table in debug mode, you need to open the FP editor and press F9 or open the "Table" menu and select the debug window option. Some of the alternate FP executables do not have a debug option so you will need to find one that does it that occurs.

George

I tested max ball speed and ball speed and the xBAM speedlimit is currently disabled for some reason but I have check with Rav yet....

FYI here is a code I use for measuring all sorts of other stuff....
currently it is set at Ball speed , but just remove the apostrophe before "AddDebugtext" to monitor something else.

Ball speed
x velocity , y velocity
x position, y position
ball trajectory

Code:
 Dim BallTrajectory
   Dim maxballspeed : maxballspeed = 0

' Convert X, Y velocities to ball trajectory angle
   Const RadToDeg = 57.295779513082320876798154814105 
   Function Atn2(x, y)
   If x > 0 Then
      Atn2 = Atn(y / x) * RadToDeg
   ElseIf x < 0 Then
      Atn2 = 180 - RadToDeg * Atn(y / -x)
   ElseIf y > 0 Then
      Atn2 = 90
   Else
      Atn2 = -90
   End If
   Atn2 = Atn2+90
   End Function

Sub NewtonPhysicsTick()
      BallTrajectory  = Atn2( xBAM.Ball.Velocity.X, xBAM.Ball.Velocity.y )
      Dim ball
      Set ball = xBAM.BallCloseTo(0,0)
      AddDebugText "ball.Speed: " & ball.Speed
              'AddDebugText "xBAM.Ball.Velocity.y: " & xBAM.Ball.Velocity.y
      'AddDebugText "xBAM.Ball.Position.Y: " & xBAM.Ball.Position.Y
      'AddDebugText "xBAM.Ball.Velocity.X: " & xBAM.Ball.Velocity.X
      'AddDebugText "xBAM.Ball.Position.X: " & xBAM.Ball.Position.X
      'AddDebugText "BallTrajectory: " & BallTrajectory
      End Sub

Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:54 pm 

GeorgeH wrote:
Runner wrote:

Code:
Dim FastestBallSpeed
FastestBallSpeed = 0
Sub NewtonPhysicsTick()
   Dim Ball

If Ball.Exist Then
      End If
   End If
End Sub

Code:

George

I tested max ball speed and ball speed and the xBAM speedlimit is currently disabled for some reason but I have check with Rav yet....

FYI here is a code I use for measuring all sorts of other stuff....
currently it is set at Ball speed , but just remove the apostrophe before "AddDebugtext" to monitor something else.

Ball speed
x velocity , y velocity
x position, y position
ball trajectory

Code:
 Dim BallTrajectory
   Dim maxballspeed : maxballspeed = 0

' Convert X, Y velocities to ball trajectory angle
   Const RadToDeg = 57.295779513082320876798154814105 
   Function Atn2(x, y)
   If x > 0 Then
      Atn2 = Atn(y / x) * RadToDeg
   ElseIf x < 0 Then
      Atn2 = 180 - RadToDeg * Atn(y / -x)
   ElseIf y > 0 Then
      Atn2 = 90
   Else
      Atn2 = -90
   End If
   Atn2 = Atn2+90
   End Function

Sub NewtonPhysicsTick()
      BallTrajectory  = Atn2( xBAM.Ball.Velocity.X, xBAM.Ball.Velocity.y )
      Dim ball
      Set ball = xBAM.BallCloseTo(0,0)
      AddDebugText "ball.Speed: " & ball.Speed
              'AddDebugText "xBAM.Ball.Velocity.y: " & xBAM.Ball.Velocity.y
      'AddDebugText "xBAM.Ball.Position.Y: " & xBAM.Ball.Position.Y
      'AddDebugText "xBAM.Ball.Velocity.X: " & xBAM.Ball.Velocity.X
      'AddDebugText "xBAM.Ball.Position.X: " & xBAM.Ball.Position.X
      'AddDebugText "BallTrajectory: " & BallTrajectory
      End Sub

just copy and paste at top of script and load table in debug mode by pressing F9
from table editor screen

these parameters can be used as reference points for script events.....

here is a crazy example I could code the pinball to be a red fireball when it is rising and a black canon ball when it is falling....based on + vs - ball trajectory readings...

or make it glow a different colour based on speed

Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:02 pm 

Dear Slamtilt,

Any possibility to have VR version for Flash Gordon Pro?. Thanks a lot. You are doing a wonderful work.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:27 pm 

Thanks George and Gimli! At this point this looks like it's way over my head but I'll keep the code for when I understand FP scripting, physics and dev more! I will likely post in another thread in the future.

Slam posted the Star Trek commentary this morning on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eVlnLWlZMw.

Subscribe if you can!

The table can be downloaded on his website - https://speak1970.wixsite.com/slamspinballemporium

10 subs to go for another table!

Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:18 pm 

Hey Gimli,

Slam mentioned for his Ultimate Pro Star Trek he had to choose between making the vengeance ship move or adding lights to it. There's no way of doing both?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 644 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 65  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release