Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 266 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: Slamtilt's new releases on his new website
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:13 am 

I can see why you are excited about this. The new videos are exceptional. I presume you will continue using the DMD. There doesn't appear to be anything else that displays the score. The preview of the movie in the attract sequence seemed a little odd to me but I suppose anyone could use any video they want.

I get the reason you need DOFLinx. Instead of adding stuff to the script to drive the lights and other stuff on your pincab, you use the same code to start the video and then presume it plays to the end of the file. I would be totally into this if there was a way to add video to the HUD.

George

Post Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:28 am 

GeorgeH wrote:
I can see why you are excited about this. The new videos are exceptional. I presume you will continue using the DMD. There doesn't appear to be anything else that displays the score. The preview of the movie in the attract sequence seemed a little odd to me but I suppose anyone could use any video they want.

I get the reason you need DOFLinx. Instead of adding stuff to the script to drive the lights and other stuff on your pincab, you use the same code to start the video and then presume it plays to the end of the file. I would be totally into this if there was a way to add video to the HUD.

George

This video was setup as more of a comparison..and also limited in space on the left side. :)

The only reason we need DOFLinx...is because FP is actually very closed off with allowing the use of com objects (which is how PuP works)...so that's why DOFLinx (and B2S server) are "required", since DOFLinx created a possibility for PuP to be used. PuP works through DOFLinx.

So, yes DOFLinx says... "PuP, play this file", and PuP will simply play the requested file to its end or loop,etc...all that part is configured in the PuPB2S...very simple.

So much easier than ripping a video...then exporting it to all image files...then reducing image files to lower fps....separating audio from movie...importing all those 100's of images 30 images at a time, creating playlists, timing playlists to play at monitor's refresh rate while matching sound file....and being limited in resolution and memory use....

Creating all the videos and code for this Tron PuP mod took me 1/10 of the time it did to do MOTU Mastered.

Technically this is working the same as an "Overlay HUD"....but if you want a HUD on the backglass...not going to happen unless FP get a big update....its been 9 years.... and I don't think even poor Ravarcade could pull that off!

...and yes I still use the DMD like normal.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:54 am 

TerryRed wrote:
Technically this is working the same as an "Overlay HUD"....but if you want a HUD on the backglass...not going to happen unless FP get a big update....its been 9 years.... and I don't think even poor Ravarcade could pull that off!

I suppose the end user could have something like a HUD but they would have to set it up so it would display in the location they wanted. Since there are quite a few different screens of different shapes on the market, one person's set up may not work for someone else. Correct me if I am wrong here.

George

Post Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:29 am 

GeorgeH wrote:
TerryRed wrote:

I suppose the end user could have something like a HUD but they would have to set it up so it would display in the location they wanted. Since there are quite a few different screens of different shapes on the market, one person's set up may not work for someone else. Correct me if I am wrong here.

George

If we are still talking about PuP...each table can have its own PuPB2S, and that PuPB2S can have its own setting for screens, locations, size, etc... that can be changed for each user.

You can also just have one "default" for your PuP screens as well.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:05 am 

TerryRed wrote:
If we are still talking about PuP...each table can have its own PuPB2S, and that PuPB2S can have its own setting for screens, locations, size, etc... that can be changed for each user.

You can also just have one "default" for your PuP screens as well.

I was still talking about Pup. I'll have to try it.

George

Post Posted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:29 am 

Terry,

Do you have links to the download locations for both DofLinx and Pup? It would be handy if some sort of directions are available somewhere to set up both. I have decided I will try it to see if I can get video to work on my PC. I have always been interested in video. If I figure out how to do video on my PC that I am satisfied with, I might post some tables that use it although I'm not sure if anyone will install both programs just to get video.

I have your videos on how to Mod tables:

viewtopic.php?f=74&t=6284

George

Post Posted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:38 am 

Hi George,

I for one have both installed - so will be able to test anything that you create in the future :-)

Also, if you follow both the DOFLinx/Pup threads - we should be able to know when more detailed FP setup details are available; as there seems to be more enhancements all the time (to those that test/ask i.e. Terry)

Gin

Post Posted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:40 am 

Quote:
.and I don't think even poor Ravarcade could pull that off!

He probably could ....but there never seems to be much embracing by devs of Bam's potential....so it would be a lot work for 4 of us to use....
He have to find a way of hooking whatever pup is to either FP overlays or some new movie screen object in the FP sandbox which we then move into place with the "miniplayfield" tool

Post Posted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:00 am 

I was going to upload Tron Legacy PuP...but I'm running a beta version of PuP, and it hasn't been released yet, so NailBuster (creator of PuP) told me to hold off until then. So I'd recommend waiting for that time, so you'll have a reference to go by.

For those who already have DOFLinx...you''ll just need to update to v6.0+, and PinUP Player's install is very simple. For FP, you "must" have it run in windowed mode, and use a program to force it into Borderless Windowed mode (to allow PuP to appear over FP's window).

Also...the table and videos are 450MB+....can that be uploaded to PinSimDB?

Post Posted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:49 pm 

TerryRed wrote:
...Also...the table and videos are 450MB+....can that be uploaded to PinSimDB?

Each upload on PinSimDB is limited to 200 MB. I tested the limits on "Creature from the Black Lagoon". I had to create 2 uploads, one being the day version and the other being a night version. I saved a draft posting and then added the Day version, saved as draft. Then uploaded the Night version and saved as draft. Then changed the status to the waiting review status when I was done. You may not be able to upload it as a single file. Be sure to use 7Zip. It is capable of creating much smaller files, in fact it may compress 450 MB to 200 MB in one file but I doubt it. There is no problem posting two 200 MB files. The day version of CFTBL compressed to a 7z at 162 MB and the total original file size was 347 MB uncompressed. The night version 7z was a bit larger at 180 MB and uncompresses to 367 MB. If you just upload 2 files you should be fine.

I'll wait on installing Pup until I see a posting from you.

George

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 266 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release