Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 269 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: Slamtilt's new releases on his new website
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:30 am 

From Slamtilt's Hompage...:
Quote:
60% of Indiana Jones is now complete (see new gameplay vid below.) There are now 16 main missions (or scenes) in the game, compared to Williams Indiana Jones which had 12. All based on spectacular action sequences from the movies. No filler in this game - all killer. Plus a main wizard mode, 3 hurry ups (4 if you include the Cairo Swordsman), and 3 Grail Challenges. The only thing my version of the game doesn't have are video modes. No room....all the action is on the table!

I've also been updating my mod of the Williams game from ULTIMATE to ULTIMATE Pro edition. I modded that game years ago and it shows. I love the original game so I won't be ripping the guts out of it and starting from fresh, as I've done with Stern's Indy. It's just a physics, audio and visual upgrade.

So why am I boring you silly with this information if I never plan on releasing these games? Good question. Well, I will release all my games eventually, just not while I'm working for a pinball company, for reasons I've already mentioned. And that can't last forever: real physical pinball machines have a shelf life; video game pinball doesn't and will exist for as long as digital media exists (many centuries I would say).

Eventually you'll have all my games as originally intended, but right now I'm just enjoying my life as a pinball game designer while it lasts. And like anyone creative, I love to show off my work, so I will keep posting YouTube vids of my creations for the tens of people who actually watch them; mainly hoping to encourage new designers to have a go, as I did when I first played Dead Hunters and Three Angels: "Holy shit!" I thought to myself, "I want to do that". And so I did.

https://speak1970.wixsite.com/slamspinballemporium

Post Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:34 am 

Hi all,

Where can we download the last release of Slamtilt's tables ?

Thx to all !

Post Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:53 am 

Turk182 wrote:
Hi all,

Where can we download the last release of Slamtilt's tables ?

Thx to all !

He took them down for as long as he works for a pinball company. You can read what he posted on Sven's posting dated Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:49 am available here:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5577&start=200

It looks like the links on MediaFire still work on my posting directly below Sven's posting.

George

Post Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:26 am 

Thx George, I didn't know about his decision.

I hope we can enjoy of his new Indiana Jones Table.

Thx again for your quick answer.

Stephane

Post Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:29 pm 

So I have a question guys....

You all know I update SLAMT1LT's tables for DOFLinx cabinet use, and now they are all being updated for DOFLinx MX (addressable leds). I upload these table to all the major virtual pinball sites for everyone to enjoy. To be clear, I had permission from SLAMT1LT to mod his tables and host them anywhere. I made sure of this before doing so long ago.

Recently, because of his new position at his job, he has decided to no longer release new versions of his tables and not host any tables at his site. I totally understand and respect his decision.

I have tried numerous times to contact him to see if anything has changed regarding modding and hosting his tables on sites like pinsimdb. I have never ever heard back from him. Perhaps this is because he wants to be distanced from the community...again because of his job. (I can also understand this).

The original version of many of his "Ultimate" tables (without DOFLinx) were never hosted on pinsimdb. However, many people download the DOFLinx version on pinsimdb for desktop use, as its the only version on the site.

It's safe to say that ALL of the previously released tables (Ultimate) from SLAM's site are now considered by him "out of date", since he is now updating ALL of his tables to new "Ultimate Pro" versions which won't be released by him (maybe in the future?). That would put those previously released "Ultimate" tables at the same status as the VIP, ULTRA, etc versions that ARE hosted on pinsimdb.

Since I am uploading DOFLinx cabinet modded versions of those "Ultimate" tables anyway, would it not make sense to upload the normal desktop version as well for everyone to use? The last version of Star Trek (Ultimate) was uploaded there by someone else (not me) as an example.

I never uploaded them before because I always encouraged everyone to goto SLAM's site for his tables. Since that's no longer possible, and he doesn't seem to respond to anyone.... should we just assume he still has no issue with modding and / or hosting his tables?

Post Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:37 pm 

He gave permission to edit them and never retracted this statement nor did he say to delete any existing tables that had been previously posted anywhere. He simply took the tables down from his site with no other requirements. I say go ahead and post them as you see fit. My guess is he never answered your messages so he could have plausible deniability to the people that he works for.

George

Post Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:17 pm 

GeorgeH wrote:
He gave permission to edit them and never retracted this statement nor did he say to delete any existing tables that had been previously posted anywhere. He simply took the tables down from his site with no other requirements. I say go ahead and post them as you see fit. My guess is he never answered your messages so he could have plausible deniability to the people that he works for.

George

This is also what I think as well, which is why I brought the topic up here.

Since I saw that Star Trek has already been uploaded by someone, I did try uploading Tron Legacy Stern (Ultimate) (original desktop version) at the same time I uploaded the DOFLinx MX updated version.... but I only noticed that the DOFLinx MX version has been approved.

I guess I'm asking the admins of pinsimdb, if I would be wasting my time by uploading the original desktop versions if they won't be approved...

I personally think SLAM "hates" not being able to share his updated tables.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:51 pm 

Just found this on his page:

Quote:
I have an interesting proposal for you.

At the end of next month, due to circumstances beyond my control, I will lose my job with a certain pinball company - yeah, not a great start to the year but shit happens.

I have agreed to contract work for when or if I'm needed, but this is less than ideal to generate the income I need to live on.

Unfortunately for me, there are no other pinball companies in South Wales...or even the UK, so I'll be looking for a regular job. Now this seems like an awful waste given my particular skill set. So, if possible, I'd like to continue making pinball games for as long as I can.

This is my proposal:

I would like to somehow generate an income from my work as a Future Pinball game creator. To do this, I will have to ask for donations. I can't sell any of my games and I never will....they will always be free. But the time it takes to create these games is considerable and that's why I'm proposing donations - so you can offer your support.

I'm currently upgrading my entire collection of games to ULTIMATE Pro editions, and I'm also creating new games on a regular basis. If there's enough interest and support, then ALL of these games will be released for everyone to download and enjoy.

I will also consider all offers of employment...should you have use for my particular skills! (email me: Speak1970@aol.com)

I am a proud man and going down this route isn't easy for me. But we all have to do what we have to do to survive. And if you guys like what I'm doing and are getting some enjoyment from my work, then I'd like to continue doing it.

But like I said, this is just a proposal for now. Something for you to think about.

Have a great Christmas everyone!

Russell (SLAMT1LT)

Post Posted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:21 am 

Sent this to him:

I sent you a more detailed message in email...but sorry about your job loss Russell. Very hard to lose what could be considered a "dream job" for you. I've been there too, and had to start over after 15 years. There is lots of new development going on with FP still, and new breakthroughs like DOF MX Led support, and now PinUP Player (which makes FP look like a JJP creation). Your tables now look so amazing with MX leds and full HD videos on the Backglass and Topper screens. I'd love to add these cool features to your Pro tables if you are interested. It's not just for cabinet users either... PinUP Player looks awesome in desktop view too!  Keep in touch, and good luck. Please consider coming back to the community.

Hope he comes back in some form. He still has a lot of people who love his work.

..and to add to what I mentioned about PinUP Player...it's true. I updated Tron Legacy (Ultimate) DOFLinx with PinUP Player, and now all table actions and events play fullscreen HD videos on the backglass as well as a Topper screen (or my middle screen in my cabinet). Looks really cool in desktop as long as you play in Borderless Windowed Fullscreen.

The videos alone are almost 500MB (they are normal mp4 files). So much nicer looking, and a hell of alot easier to do than importing 1000's of images, creating image lists,etc...

I'll try to get around to making a video demo soon...

Post Posted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:00 am 

TerryRed wrote:
....and to add to what I mentioned about PinUP Player...it's true. I updated Tron Legacy (Ultimate) DOFLinx with PinUP Player, and now all table actions and events play fullscreen HD videos on the backglass as well as a Topper screen (or my middle screen in my cabinet). Looks really cool in desktop as long as you play in Borderless Windowed Fullscreen.

The videos alone are almost 500MB (they are normal mp4 files). So much nicer looking, and a hell of alot easier to do than importing 1000's of images, creating image lists,etc...

I'll try to get around to making a video demo soon...

I saw some video where PinUP Player is used on Visual Pinball. Can it be used on Future Pinball also? I take the answer must be yes since you said you update Slam's Tron Legacy (Ultimate) table and Slam only uses FP.

George

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 269 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release