Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Faxanadu X FuturePinball Game
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:53 am 

Salut,
Yes, This is what I meant by the dialogue...and flipper to skip would be great!

Believe it or not, as a 44 year old gamer who knows almost everything about gaming, I have never heard of Faxanadu before..... When younger i was more of a platform gamer and didn't enjoy many of the games such as Zelda or Willow or such....It wasn't until later that some of these games have become known more to me.... I have my Wii altered to house over 20 emulators and so I am sure I have faxanadu. I will check later and play a game or two to check it out!!! I have several NES emulators running....With over 20+ emulators, each with sometimes thousands of games....it is possible I have missed a few:) Thanx for bringing this one to my attention!
Cheers,
Maceman

Post Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:19 am 

this should be..... :D

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:02 pm 

Just letting you know Maceman, that i have made a new version and it should come in time on Pinsimdb.org. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but in time. Remember that LVR and TheNalex has many things to manage, that's why i tell to please be patient with the Pinsimdb Team.

Ive find a little bug inside the script of my version 1.08 by playing it a bit. Not much a big thing about it. It is just ive notice that one of the caracter in white in the middle, that the name of the light i have writen as: (NameOfTheLight = BulbBlink) and it shoud be as (NameOfTheLight.State = BulbBlink). Not a big deal at all, but just letting peoples know about it; if they search the name of the light they'll notice the tiny little bug.

For the new version 1.09 it have the (Normal & Easy Game). Also i have writen in the script again a lot of comments lines, so peoples should understand the logic i have scripted; to make the flippers make the possibility to skip some messages. For this i had added a light called: (SkipMessageLight) that when the light is Lit or Off, the player can skip or not the messages. Ive also created some call sub function called: "Sub SkipMessage()". When the flipper is hit it then look this sub and read it's script. It then check if the "SkipMessageLight is Lit" and other lights, and make some actions (wich make possible to skip some messages).

The messages that can be skipped in the game are:
The starting story of the king,
When the player buy some items,
When the player is givin some ranks and
When the player buy some Life Energy Points.
All the other messages stay's the same.

Beside that Maceman, me also i had some emulators, and fiew games; but not recent emu. My computer is old. Beside that i did in the past a real Mame arcade cabinet, i dont have it anymore. I had build a Mamewah Mame frontend interface, and have also created some Mamewah Futurepinball interface, so i could select and play the FP table i wanted. Then exit the FP table to return to the interface to choose an other FP game.

==============
Wild

The image you have find is exactly, the old nintendo game i'm talking about; i'm sure it was real easy for yourself to find because of the popularity of this game. As me it was easy to find with the keyword free some resources for this pinball game i created.

Well when this new version gonna come, i hope that the script i have writen to skip some dmd messages; will help peoples wanting to do similar things. Because of all the comments lines i write to help peoples.

A+

Post Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:36 pm 

I wonder if some people could please make some video of the game version that is comming. Like the story, buy some item, have some rank, the look of the table; and fight a boss. Maybe with some video transfer effect from one video part to an other video part, showing fiew things of the game. Some kind of game review and put it like on Youtube.com

Me i try it with some free software that can record in video what is seen on screen, so i play the game and press the record button of the software; but because my computer is old when i play the video it's like it play and pause, then again play and pause again, it does like some vinyl disc that do some skipping; etc etc.

Thank's for your time. A+

Post Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:22 pm 

Just letting peoples know that i have find other bugs in the version 1.09. It's strange because ive simply opened the previous version and made from it version 1.09?

Even if it could discourage peoples downloading the version 1.09, i prefer to be honest to peoples. I'm not super good in programming as HappyCab, Francisco666, SlamT1lt, Tii, Mark1, Popotte and many others.

I should make a version 1.1 soon and make it replace version 1.09. Please be patient.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:28 pm 

good at programming me? I am about the worst thing you could call a programmer

Post Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:48 am 

what is programming? :P

Post Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:10 pm 

I have fixed fiew things in the game, but there are things that i cant figure out (even if its my own scripting). When i play there is some problem at a certaint level. I wonder if any one could help me, i have writen a lot of comments lines into my table script. So the helper could read and understand my script and my game logic. Also i have put into the zip file (that have the new table with notepad file), some notes of some game logics and at what moment ive seen some things that was not correct.

I wonder if someone could PM me, so i can send the url link to the file. Because ive notice if i write the link here (any ones can see, even none members) As always i encourage to Antivirus check the file, even if i'm sure there is none.

The thing id like is that the helper would check my script, make some notes of some line numbers; and indicate my self as (ThisLightX shoud be replaced with ThisLightY). Also make me notice why, because i want to progress; so i can help better peoples.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:56 pm 

Just letting peoples know that on Pinsimdb.org i have put the version 1.10 of Faxanadu X pinball in Beta. I have writen in the zip file a notepad, that explain some game logics of the game. I please like if some peoples could simply write me here for a problem that ive notice by playing all the game, but seem to not figure it out by my self; even if i know that the scripting is made by my self.

The problem's ive notice is about the dmd's messages. There are some dmd's messages (mostly in the church where the guru give some ranks). Some times the dmd message give 2 individual message, some times there is no messages. I have writen a lot of comments line in the script. So peoples could understand the game logics that i wanted to do for this unique game. Maybe because of the possibility also to make advance skip fasters.

What i would please like is that peoples look at the script and write here, like at this code line NumberX that the ScriptX should be replaced by ScriptY. Givin some explications.

http://www.pinsimdb.org/pinball/table-10255-faxanadu_x_pinball

Post Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:07 am 

I have think of making an image as an example, that what you could do to test all the game. The first thing is to create between the flippers some kind of inversed "U" wall, that block the ball and not make it go down; but important dont shake too much the table.

The other thing is in the script where it is writen "SaveLeftKicker_Hit()" and the "SaveRightKicker_Hit()" to simply indicate that the light state is On or Blink. Taking some notes of each things: What light is Blinking when have entered some thing, what light is On when have entered some thing. Well i think you understand what i mean, by playing the table to complete all objectifs with the wall between the flippers; and changing some script line text.

I'm sure that you'll see and understand the game logics also that you'll understand the "ProgressLights" on the left and the "BossLights" on the right.

Here is the image:
Attachment:
fax_cheat_miniwall.jpg

I still wonder why there are some dmd message text that skip for me, and some times it say two messages. If you dont see some errors, please tell me also. It might be my FP software. I seem to not figure out why i see some dmd messages skip?

Thank's for your time and help. A+

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release