Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release

Post subject: Robots Invasion 1.06
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:55 am 

Robots Invasion 1.06 is available for download here:

http://www.pinsimdb.org/pinball/table-2 ... s_invasion

George

Last edited by GeorgeH on Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Robots Invasion 1.05
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:41 am 

Thanks George !

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:26 am 

You're welcome. I have been learning a bit more script as time goes on. I figured out how to fix a couple of bugs in the script on this one. Maybe one of these days I will be able to script a table.

George

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:44 am 

GeorgeH wrote:
You're welcome. I have been learning a bit more script as time goes on. I figured out how to fix a couple of bugs in the script on this one. Maybe one of these days I will be able to script a table.

George

The fp old new table template is 90 percent of it...and hopefully blues fpx pending template will be better....but dont discount your ever expanding and much appreciated role as a table enhancer of Bam new stuff...there is a treasure trove of tables awaiting your touch...Shootanza 2.0 and Indiana Jones need attention :)
I am still on FP lent but hope to reingage in a limited way again ;)

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:23 am 

I seem to remember you were working on Indiana Jones. I seem to remember a huge ball and some shadow map stuff. Did you ever finish what you planned to do?

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:35 am 

Even though its a build, as a straight template, fpx is ready, it has a lot built in already, stuff you wish was put in the new table template, and goes way beyond that already like a menu system, so it's certainly very usable, and the manual has a lot of tutorials in there. JG uses the very first version, not the later build and it appears fpx can handle that as JG is quite complex. Very surprising that FPX is as powerful as it is considering how simple it is to use.

Still learned a lot the last few months, so once JG is put to bed, I will add the new BAM code, make somethings a bit more flexible, and add a couple things like music queuing before I start writing the basic vault code for each of the table objects.

Vault items are reusable routines that you just copy and paste, based on actual Arcade games, that you can mix and match and build a complete game with full code and designed included. Sort of a paint by numbers system, but you can always change the colors to what ever you want.

But if people who use it make suggestions on what helps them to understand the code better, I can put in a tutorial as well. (fpx has just one way to learn with everything, like variables with the same key name, or Select case is used for everything, so once you learn one thing, you can use it for everything else fpx has) The engine was made for absolute beginners up to intermediate coders who are not capable of coding their own engine or complex routines like Multiball or Bonus counting, and so far works quite well at that. A lot of the new stuff coming is really window dressing till the Vault items start being added and that code is folded directly in the script.

Latest projects and rants at My Facebook Page

Latest Project: fpxEngine

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:46 am 

GeorgeH wrote:
I seem to remember you were working on Indiana Jones. I seem to remember a huge ball and some shadow map stuff. Did you ever finish what you planned to do?

No I got bogged down with lighting and shadow maps before you were using this stuff and before recent BAM lighting innovations....I was hoping to approach a SLAM ultimate pro level as SLAM liked the POA mod and the updated DMD input by GIN but not the physics that you and I did at that time etc...

I think we have progressed and BAM has too...
The new dmds provided by Gin completed the ttable...
I remember loving the way it played but I tried it last night and it paled to the Ultimate pro tables (Adams Family, Jaws and DSA)

Shootanza 2.0 was not a fav of yours but it had true multiplayer and other code stuff I enhanced. Monezzas tried his physics but this was before dynamic flippers and BAM ramp assists.

The ball weight and spin to me is very realistic in this version ( Monezzas physics is sublime in a couple of his tables)but the flipper aiming is poor in Shootanza and the ramp function is poor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:04 am 

The other table I had big ideas for was WarLords,
Polygame had great aspirations but lost heart for FP and virtual pinball in general...the table shows it as the concept and graphics are great but it falls like a lead baloon.....very few people downloaded or cared to respond....there is so much out of the box stuff I could do with this table.....but perhaps few would appreciate it...

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:06 am 

Thanks blue your template sounds AMAZING !

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:24 am 

With regard to IJ Netzwerg did color DMDs for this too...but that would be another huge task....porting each frame....but this might be simple with the new Bam magic that Terry does....

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release