Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release

Post subject: Monster Bash 0.96
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:20 pm 

*** Version 0.96 ***

I missed adding 3 library files that this table needs. This version adds them. No other changes were made.

Sorry Guys!

George

*** Version 0.95 ***

There was so much added to this table I don't remember everything that was done or who did it. These are the main features that I remember:

Full color DMDs
Custom physics with dynamic flippers
Lighting (using BAM's new features) and GI using nanoflashers
Playfield shadows
User adjustable shadows of the ball and flippers
True multiplayer
Alternate version of the table for rotated display

This table had a long development history with lots of bug fixes. I hope you enjoy it. It is available here:

http://www.pinsimdb.org/pinball/table-2 ... nster_bash

Happy Thanksgiving!

George

Last edited by GeorgeH on Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Monster Bash 0.95
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:20 am 

wow wow wow cant wait to try this out!

thank you george and all involved!

Post Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:17 am 

George how can i remove that warning @ the start up about letting bam take control of the camera? I know slam was able to let us do it by removing 2 lines of code on his table for cabinet users. I removed that whole camera section and still got it lol

By the way, super awesome!!

Post Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:19 am 

I don't know how to do it. Gimli might know. I have found if you say yes to allow it but change the menu option so it turns the camera off then it seems to stop producing the message when you play the table the next time.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:45 am 

GeorgeH wrote:
I don't know how to do it. Gimli might know. I have found if you say yes to allow it but change the menu option so it turns the camera off then it seems to stop producing the message when you play the table the next time.

Correct then it will only load in the future if you have Camera On chosen in the menu.
Camera on will allow desktop users to view a panning animation of table at any time. I find it adds to the realism to periodically move around the room.

Cab version room camera animations are also possible but trickier as the parameters vary between users...so need to be indiviualized.

I cant recall the other nuances between desktop and cab versions...this is the desktop version....so cab users may have some issues with the dmd as well....that is what I was still working on and still can do sometime

Oh ya there are also some lighting items that likely need refinement with all the new BAM stuff color LEDs and inserts etc..
If you have many modes running at once then all the mode lighting flashing effects are happening at the same time and my computer fps drops...anyways this table is a bit of a pandoras box :)

I kinda got lost in the woods after individually capturing , catolguing loading and coding 4000 color DMD frames from the color DMD file that Netzzwerg produced for Real pinball tables :)

Post Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:30 pm 

Gimli wrote:
Oh ya there are also some lighting items that likely need refinement with all the new BAM stuff color LEDs and inserts etc..
If you have many modes running at once then all the mode lighting flashing effects are happening at the same time and my computer fps drops...anyways this table is a bit of a pandoras box :)

I did incorporate a few changes to the version you sent me.

I increased the brightness of the light inserts on the playfield though I forgot to add the fail safes. We could add my full blown lighting mod that I have added to other tables but I don't know how to add it to the menu. So maybe next rev.

I tweaked the rolling ball sounds. For the first time, I could hear the sounds. In fact, they were a bit loud so I reduced the volume a little. It is a bit odd that they only play on the upper part of the table.

I reduced the brightness of the FP Original lighting.

I set the physics back to what I had created but increased the ball gravity to 6000 which is what your version had.

There is an odd quirk. The bride suddenly appears when you navigate the menu. I'm not sure you intended to do that but you can get past it by pressing the flipper.

Gimli wrote:
I kinda got lost in the woods after individually capturing , catolguing loading and coding 4000 color DMD frames from the color DMD file that Netzzwerg produced for Real pinball tables :)

I got burned out on it too so I decided to work on CFTBL before I posted this one. Little did I know that CFTBL took a lot more work than I thought it would.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:00 pm 

Quote:
I tweaked the rolling ball sounds. For the first time, I could hear the sounds. In fact, they were a bit loud so I reduced the volume a little. It is a bit odd that they only play on the upper part of the table.

I think that was another thing I may have fixed in a different version.. I haven't checked the one you released yet...but there were fake sounds triggered in upper playfiield from previous versions that are NOT part of BAM ball rolling sounds at all...

I believe in one version I amplified Smokes default sound files...

Quote:
There is an odd quirk. The bride suddenly appears when you navigate the menu. I'm not sure you intended to do that but you can get past it by pressing the flipper.

Hmmm...don't remember that one :D

Post Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:10 pm 

I think the download is missing a number of library files...

Post Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:19 pm 

You only sent me these 3 files that are included:

MB_ColorFonts.fpl
MB_ColorFonts2.fpl
MB_ColorFonts3.fpl

Post Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:43 pm 

Those are just the ones I created and altered...there are sounds etc...

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release