Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release

Post subject: Re: Tribute to the 80's : WARLOCK
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:48 am 

Steve,

Now that I have been able to play your table by turning off real time protection on Defender, I can say the physics could be improved a bit although they are NOT bad currently. If you'd like, I could create a custom XML file. It may be necessary to change some of the strength settings of the objects on the table. I am still working on Creature from the Black Lagoon but I could probably work this in.

George

Last edited by GeorgeH on Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:12 am 

PM sent

Post Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:17 pm 

HappyCab wrote:
what about loading custom animated 3d object (morph/skeletal animation). I am not sure but I think I saw something like that with BAM while ago?!

I believe, yes BAM allows 16 separate objects or groups of objects per table.
So for instance for your Shootanza Cowboy if you dismember him into up to 16 pieces, then you can grab each piece , reconstitute him and animate him, how you like.

Not sure of all the implications on FPS and end result , but it is doable for sure...

...not sure if you noticed , but in Jaws VR , I animated the shark to come out of the front wall
chewing various things during the multiball and barrel modes...

Post Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:56 pm 

I just posted Warlock. We're waiting on it to be released.

If we post a revision, we should consider creating a switch in the script so you can turn off the "flipper assist" that draws the green line to the ramp. It would create a version that would require a bit more skill for the more advanced players.

George

Post Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:11 am 

I tought it would be a nice feature but hey! customer is always king...so add it if you want!

Thanks to everyone who participate in this adventure!

Post Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:56 am 

The table has already been released on Pinsimdb:

http://www.pinsimdb.org/pinball/table-23345-warlock

Note that before posting I deleted the DMD and added a Heads Up Display (HUD) that the end user can turn off if desired.

George

Post Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:39 pm 

Compared to the other "Tribute" tables, I thought it lacked the final touches so I'll wait for a 1.1 version 8-)

Post Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:54 am 

There were more ideas for this table a year ago, but I believe Steve had other commitments.
It went unreleased for more than a year, and then I believe he purchased an Occulus Vr and loved it and wanted to release the table unfinished

As always Steve pushed the envelope with several innovations:

1.Character animations
2.Demolition of revolving block walls
3.Guided ball trajectory to left upper lane

Monezzas actually composed and recorded an excellent medieval sound track and we toyed with character voices and even a monty pythonesque play by play narration

Steve decided to release it rather than just abandon it....

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:45 am 

yeah, feel free to make the 1.1 version gibsmedat. I have been at it for 13 years now and unfortunately all things must come to an end.

Time management and the ever growing process to create tables as I feel the editor is long time deprecated and frustrating to work with, not counting that pinball get more and more a feel to be "in the past" (at least for me).

So as I said, yes...have a blast and make that 1.1 version.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:44 am 

Hey Steve. I think a lot of us feel the exact same way, and it's frustrating because of the developer having a fit and then just abandoning the project the way he did. We have done nothing but show respect for him and his work, but he has not shown any respect to us. Sorry to those who think otherwise, but it's been a decade, have to finally face facts. We have done all we can, I'm so grateful of the achievements, but there is only so many workarounds, and how much we can squeeze out of fp. No set caretaker or development team, no source code, it may be as much as we can do.

We are a very small community, we are specialized, and with VP, with the focus on roms and VPinMAME, and how much more complex VP is now, I really don't see that as a alternative. I want to do my own tables, not be a photocopier of someone else's work, but I look at the downloads, a VPinMAME table will do thousands, a original table most do 100's and sometimes barely. People are just not that interested, and it is not worth the time for me, considering the amount of time I do put into a table. It really isn't worth that kind of effort, and even though I would get the same numbers here, it's to a bunch of people that would appreciate it more.

Still, once I have the spare money, I may buy that Unity pinball Editor. It least it's updated, but it has really no information or a proper website either. I have no idea how good it is, or how it plays, except from videos, but It has things that FP should have, and though I have to learn a new programming language, it looks alright and might be a better alternative. It may be worth a shot at least. But I would like to finish what I am doing first, and you never know, maybe a magical fairy will appear out of nowhere, wave her wand, and Voila the future pinball source code and permission to use it so we can make FP better and more usable.

Latest projects and rants at My Facebook Page

Latest Project: FPx Template Engine

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release