GoPinball.com
http://www.gopinball.com/forum/

Future Pinball 2.0 (idea/project)
http://www.gopinball.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5438
Page 9 of 16

Author:  ravarcade [ Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:53 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Future Pinball 2.0 (idea/project)

@franzleo:
Fixed BAM-setup:
http://www.ravarcade.pl/beta/BAM-setup.exe

Old version: installs BAM ALWAYS in last installed FP dir. It ignores dir selected in installed.
New version: Installs in correct dir (entered in installer).

Author:  franzleo [ Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Future Pinball 2.0 (idea/project)

ravarcade wrote:
@franzleo:
Fixed BAM-setup:
http://www.ravarcade.pl/beta/BAM-setup.exe

Old version: installs BAM ALWAYS in last installed FP dir. It ignores dir selected in installed.
New version: Installs in correct dir (entered in installer).


Rafal, I think Bam should be loaded by ALL USER of FuturePinball.
So it should be the loader to do everything and not leave a choice.
This is a complication.
This new release made me tilt. Windows continued to appear. I did not understand anything anymore. I managed to install only Bam on C: / but I did not install FP. ????? maybe I can not understand, but imagine what a person who approaches the first time in Bam would do. It would run away like they have always done until now.
I hope I was clear.
Greetings

Gianfranco

Author:  ravarcade [ Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Future Pinball 2.0 (idea/project)

franzleo wrote:
ravarcade wrote:
@franzleo:
Fixed BAM-setup:
http://www.ravarcade.pl/beta/BAM-setup.exe

Old version: installs BAM ALWAYS in last installed FP dir. It ignores dir selected in installed.
New version: Installs in correct dir (entered in installer).


Rafal, I think Bam should be loaded by ALL USER of FuturePinball.
So it should be the loader to do everything and not leave a choice.
This is a complication.
This new release made me tilt. Windows continued to appear. I did not understand anything anymore. I managed to install only Bam on C: / but I did not install FP. ????? maybe I can not understand, but imagine what a person who approaches the first time in Bam would do. It would run away like they have always done until now.
I hope I was clear.
Greetings

Gianfranco

For user with clear system is simple (until user not overthink and will only press NEXT).
Your have problems, because it when FP installer ask for path, you decide to change default value. Default value is ok.
Because FP installer allow user to enter "bad destination path" you have problems.

At begin of this thread we decide not to replace orginal FP installer or repack content of FP.

Only way to make this simpler it to copy content of FP into my own installer. I'm not sure, if it violates FP license.

Author:  franzleo [ Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Future Pinball 2.0 (idea/project)

ravarcade wrote:
.......At begin of this thread we decide not to replace orginal FP installer or repack content of FP.
Only way to make this simpler it to copy content of FP into my own installer. I'm not sure, if it violates FP license..........


I thought the program would load both Bam and FP and put them in the right place, without any external intervention. Now I'm more and more confused.
Greetings and thanks for everything you do for FP

Gianfranco

Author:  franzleo [ Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Future Pinball 2.0 (idea/project)

ravarcade wrote:
@franzleo:
Fixed BAM-setup:
http://www.ravarcade.pl/beta/BAM-setup.exe

Old version: installs BAM ALWAYS in last installed FP dir. It ignores dir selected in installed.
New version: Installs in correct dir (entered in installer).


So this new version seems to work fine, both in c: / Program File (x86) and in other directories. I did a lot of tests. Good, fine :D :D
I wait a few more days to give a more precise confirmation.

Gianfranco

PS. We should use only this tread to exchange ideas. Opening other tread makes us disperse energy and complicates understanding things.

Author:  ravarcade [ Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Future Pinball 2.0 (idea/project)

Here is next RC version:
http://www.ravarcade.pl/beta/FP-BAM-setup.exe

In comparison to last version:
- New Table and additional demo table (BigIndian) - removed. (i don't know i anyone want it)
- No more FP download. This version will install both, FP and BAM, at once.
- This version will not allow to select Program Filse or network drive as target.
- At begin of installation you will see 2 license pages. First is FP, second is BAM.
- This version will also modify context menu from file explorer. Now "open" or "play" from context menu will open FP with BAM (will start FPLoader.exe).

This is still "beta". I will add page with link to FuturePinball.com.

Edit: fixed slashes in post.

Author:  wild [ Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Future Pinball 2.0 (idea/project)

I remove my suggestions, and comment, I do not like being ignored.

from now I take a step back.

Author:  blue [ Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Future Pinball 2.0 (idea/project)

Thank you rav. I will be giving this a shot soon, as well as starting to go through the forum pages to start folding it into my template for my next game. Just very busy, new relationship, and we all know how clingy women are with that. ;)

Author:  MadMrMax [ Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:13 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Future Pinball 2.0 (idea/project)

Should I only test this installer out on a PC that never had FP/BAM installed? If I uninstall my current FP/BAM installation does the new installer from Rav work good?

Thanks,
-mark

Author:  Gimli [ Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Future Pinball 2.0 (idea/project)

I just installed using the installer both FP and BAM and worked great RAV!! Great Work !! Thank you!

I have a couple suggestion re: BAM menu interface itself
1. Have a heading for "BAM menu preferences" this is hidden under "about BAM" and people likley don't know it exists.
2.Under BAM menu preferences have a separate heading for Hide/Show Blue screen (this is currently
hidden under About BAM/Menu Positions)

For people's info Hiding the Blue screen is ESSENTIAL to working with Miniplayfield's so you can see
what you are doing

See the following images:

1. About BAM :

Page 9 of 16 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/