Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Welcome to GoPinball » General Discussion

Post subject: Need help for free pdf futurepinball personnal project
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:18 pm 

Hi there i'm creating a free pdf basic guide to help true beginners to understands:

How to do this....

With the software futurepinball i like very much.

Ive asked peoples of Gopinball, peoples of Pinsimdb; also have asked Christopher "Chris" Leathley, from futurepinball for this free personnal serious project of mine.

They all gladly accepted and authorized that i put images into this pdf document i'm creating. "That is not finished at all!" And wonder if peoples could help me for this free pdf document i'm creating.

For more informations i have simply created a webpage, that write more details of the project and it also have the free pdf document "as an example" ive created so far.

http://ventedegarageyvoncroteau.com/sylvain/howtodothis/

Thank's for your attention and time.

Post subject: Re: Need help for free pdf futurepinball personnal project
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:08 am 

Do someone know a total free legal website, with no conditions and limits; to simply share my pdf document to everyone by a simple web link? That even if the file have not been downloaded for a long time, example 2-3 years or more; it is still there and available? That place i could put my pdf files, and replace them with user name and password.

That the online drive is very big, because i heard from some friends that some pdf guides; example they told me: Walktrough game guide for some games with details and full colors. So i think that this first pdf could possibly take some MB of file size(dont think as huge as the walktrough game guides), and if i want in time create new pdf edition document; i could still put it at that place with a web link to the other pdf files.

Thank's for your time.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:35 am 

Why not use google docs?

Post Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:03 am 

Google Docs ???

Never heard of it!

Is it complicated?

Thank's for your time.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:58 am 

Have a link to the pdf demonstration document i'm creating. Have done a search for Google Docs. Here is the link:
http://drive.google.com/file/d/0B60m6W-FuLPHZ1hxSmJzMHdJVjg/edit?usp=sharing

I'd really like if some peoples would have simple idea, about basic thing to do with only the object things a new pinball have; and explications of script. As this:

Basic object (example bumper)

after....

"How to do with a bumper...." (bullet line i create that link to a pdf page of your idea)

The bullet written text link after to the page that have some printscreens. The better the resolutions of the printscreen. The more the file size there is for it. So when a person click on the zoom tool, there is less loss.

Here is a printscreen ive done but with not much resolution and image size, for here. But a pdf as that might help beginners of futurepinball. Even want to know more futurepinball, this website and others.

Attachment:
bumpers_details.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:55 pm 

Sorry for the wait, have been doing a lot of personnal things since the last post. I have created a pdf document file of 37 pages: How to do - Basic Guide - 1st Edition. Remember it is my first edition, and not much peoples helped me to write this document. So i have done much all by my self, but i wont say that i have totally done all by my self; because of the peoples and websites that have helped me. It might have fiew errors in it and dont have much: How to do stuff in it. As i say it's the first edition and maybe in times more peoples could help me for other editions.

Here is the link for this adobe reader pdf free document, that you can download; near 2.7mb file size:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B60m6W-FuLPHZXAyZGxRRmRXNm8/edit?usp=sharing

I hope that you will like it? And if you have some idea to make in time an other edition, just write here. Thank's for your time.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:18 am 

Hello,

That's a really nice document. Do you mind if I put it in the tutorial section as well? (we will keep your topic here, of course)

How to add your table or fill missing information : viewtopic.php?f=72&p=34257#p34257

Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:59 am 

No i dont mind that you put my adobe reader pdf document file in the tutorial section of Gopinball. Thank's to you TheNalex, LVR, Steve, Chris from Futurepinball and others that have accepted and give me permission to put and use there images and stuff into this document.

Now you understand why i have asked permissions to use your stuff to put in this document. Because i respect copyrights and the peoples.

It's because of all of you, peoples who helped me to understand more the software futurepinball. Peoples that share there scripts and idea's. Peoples that believed in my self, and have spend a lot of time to make me understand more. I have spend a lot of time and hours; that i have put into this document. It's always important for me to say how much i appreciate peoples who surround me, support me and help me; from all my heart. Even if this is only some ordinary text that is written here.

Now you understand more, why i have asked peoples that could help me with there ideas, there scripts. But unfortunatly not much peoples have helped me, but at leass fiew. Maybe in an other edition, more peoples could participate and help my self?

What i had in mind when i created this pdf document, is to put my self in the shoes of a person that is a true beginner in futurepinball. I wanted to create a: "How to do this" - Basic Guide. Wanted to put fiew image, but of good quality; because some peoples could want to zoom this document; or could have a bad eye vision. Wanted to share some scripts and give some explications, that is understandable and easy for beginners. Also what was important for me is to create something that is less then 5mb of file size. Because standard e-mail account, if you want to share a file; accept files that is less then 5mb.

If you want you can put it also in the website Pinsimdb.org, like in the "Projects" section. Make some square image, like my first page of my pdf document, that you would do a printscreen; and put the 1st page printscreen as an image that identify the section. That could be called if you want: "PDF Tutorial Guides". The descriptions could be if you want: "Here is a section, where you can find some pdf documents to help you in your futurepinball creation's". You can download the file also i created to put it into your website and make it downloadable also from Pinsimdb.org, if you want. As make it downloadable from Gopinball.com also.

Id like also to have some comments or/and suggestions what you think about this PDF document i created. It could help me for possible future editions. Thank's for your time, and once again; thank's for the peoples who helped me. Also thank's again for the peoples who have took there time to help me. I know some of you was real busy, but you have still took the time to help me. Thank's to all!

Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:24 pm 

Wow ... Nice document !
Commentaire :
Je ne suis pas un "créateur de table" et je ne peux donc pas me prononcer sur le contenu de ton "Tutorial". Par contre, j'ai une très longue expérience dans le domaine de la formation et des "manuels" (cours dans le domaine de l'informatique : technique, gestion, outils, projets, etc.), et à ce titre, je me permets d'évaluer ton "Tutoriel" comme excellent au niveau de sa construction et de sa présentation. Je laisse aux "créateurs de table" le soin de l'évaluer au niveau de son contenu (à chacun son domaine d'expertise).
Félicitations pour cet excellent travail !!! (qui a dû te prendre passablement de temps, non ?)
Comments :
I am not a "creator of table" and I cannot thus pronounce on the contents of your "Tutorial". On the other hand, I have a very long experience in training and "manual workers" (training in computing's domain : technique, management, tools, projects, etc.), and as such, lI would like to estimate your "Tutoriel" as excellent at the level of its construction and presentation. I leave to the "creators of table" the care of estimating it at the level of its contents (everyone to his trade).
Congratulations for this excellent work!!! (Who had to take you fairly of time, right?)

Momoch

Post Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:26 am 

Very well done.
Scribt files are very well explained.
Hope you continue your work with training lessions.
Thanks for sending time in this important project.

Board index » Welcome to GoPinball » General Discussion