Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Welcome to GoPinball » General Discussion

Post subject: Futurepinball Android APK
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:33 pm 

Hi there

I wonder if there would be some great programmers for this idea of mine.

I dont have the knowledges about the subject, but i think that it would be a great piece of art.

That some peoples would create a Futurepinball Android APK file and put it on Google Play.

It would not need special permissions, no gps localization, no id identification file, no save and record all buttons and app's. Brief the only thing that it would need permission is simply access to some memory card. When the screen at some time "5 minutes" is not pressed, the game get auto-paused; and turn into sleep mode. Brief respect the privacy in all ways and dont identify.

The idea i have is to re-create the software Futurepinball, not the editor but as a android apk software, that can load some (Futurepinball Table File "fpt") and some (Futurepinball Libraries). Make it playable on any android devices as old tablet as version 4.2 "android jellybean" that many tablette still have. With the next versions also compatibility.

The app would be able to load an FP table from a memory card, would be possible to configure the buttons (colors/transparency) and drag them to place them on the screen. By default it could have some rectangles at the bottom that share the width of the screen (flippers). At the top of the screen, the width could be devided in 3 rectangles; first one "left"(coins), second one "screen-middle"(start/pause), third one "right" (plunger). Then in the middle (length) of the screen, on the left of the lenght (shake table left); on the right (shake table right).

It would load correctly the tables, the 3d models (toys, etc), the external libraries, the musics, the sounds. When it is paused, it bring a config window open over the table. Then from it the user could choose the camera views (angle or follow ball) except if more then one ball in game; it auto adjust in angle camera view. It could display the hud's (images, dmd's, segments). Getting out of this pause config window, it can show again the current game "but" let a little time (2-4seconds) to let the ball's roll; giving some time for the player to put the finger in place of the game.It can also when the table fpt file script (lookatbackbox/lookatplayfield).

It would be such a nice android google play app.

Thank's for the time to read this text.

A+

Post subject: Re: Futurepinball Android APK
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:10 pm 

Interesting idea. I don't know how to do it but while at it may as well create an app for the iPad as well.

George

Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:38 pm 

First, you have to ask to Chris (FP is not a free product). For me, I think he'll say no.

Le prix s'oublie, la qualité reste

Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:09 pm 

I play fp on my android all the time in vr :)

I connect wirelessly to my pc using vridge app (rift cat) then play with Future Pinball using google cardboard or Samsung vr Gear

Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:15 am 

But it's not a APK.

Le prix s'oublie, la qualité reste

Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:50 am 

I might ask Chris, but as you say not sure he is gonna say yes?

Gimli...
That's interresting. I wonder if it would be possible, then a online free server that any one can connect to. To open the software Futurepinball on an android device, then from say load the table that the directory would be as... http//somethingsomething.fpt (some online drive).

This could be awsome, it would have the option to connect to an FP software; with no FP Physics, no BAM, as it is. An other Futurepinball link software but with FP Physics version x.x. And so on...

Because also of the "highscores", peoples could see the recent top players score. Making peoples want to have higher score online and see the top scores.

I could ask some Administrators and moderators that i have contact with, that have some professionnals servers at Silicon Valley. If they would put some FP software online, that can be accessed by creating some e-mail account; then enter there username and password to connect to the FP software and load some http:.....fpt table. Not sure if they would want, but still i can ask them.

But dont know anythings about Vridge or others of this kind.

One thing for sure it would proove that FP is still of interrest to peoples and still alive. But i wonder if it would be ok with Chris to do so?

A+

Board index » Welcome to GoPinball » General Discussion