Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Welcome to GoPinball » General Discussion

Post subject: lost all my future pinball /pinball-x
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:23 pm 

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Dam you WD harddisk !!!
Can any body give me a link to there FP / Pinball-x collection so that I can get it.

Post subject: Re: lost all my future pinball /pinball-x
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:25 am 

I'd like to help but I have 40 gigabytes worth of tables and an additional 5 GB of library files. There is no place I know where I can post that much. I could select some tables but I don't know what library files go with the tables so I'd have to just give you the full 5 GB and I don't know where I could post even that much. Also, I have revised many tables and I am not sure you would like the changes.

I do recommend SyncBackFree that I use to do backups to a portable USB drive. I have created 25 profiles to do backups and I have used it several times. I have never seen a need to upgrade to their paid version because the free version works so well. The download site is:

https://www.2brightsparks.com/freeware/index.html

I have figured out a way to name the destination folders so you know where the files came from. If the file came from "C:\Games\Future Pinball\Tables\", I name the folder "C-Games-Future Pinball-Tables". You can't use colons or back slashes in the name of a folder but using the dashes does work.

I probably have quite a few library files that I don't use. You might consider saving your tables and library files in subfolder of "Tables". You can name the subfolder with the same as the name of the table and add all the versions of the table to it that use the library files. I did it that way for the X-Men table because it has a library file that has the exact same name as a library file for "World Cup Soccer". If I had it to do over again, I might set it up that way.

I'm sorry you lost your files,

George

Post subject: Re: lost all my future pinball /pinball-x
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:52 am 

Thanks for that. I will pm u.
Once agin thanks

Board index » Welcome to GoPinball » General Discussion