Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Welcome to GoPinball » General Discussion

Post subject: Re: BforArtists Free 3D Soft very similar as Blender3D
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:26 pm 

Awesome! I'll check it out again. Thanks for your work on this!

-mark

Post Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:40 pm 

Just letting you know that ive updated a bit the free pdf guide. Ive added how to do a Loop Cut for BforArtists version 1 and version 2. The Loop Cut is simply a cut that "surround" as it loop your model. It can be a loop cut on the X axe or Y axe or Z axe. Dont hesitate to do some experiments of my instructions and to do some errors. Maybe you could give me indications to make my guide better by your own experiments?

Ive also indicated some keyboard shortcut key for Moving the model, for Rotating the model and for Scaling the model. Keyboard keys: Moving = W, Rotating = E, and Scaling = R. So if you have a "qwerty" keyboard, you should then notice the letters WER that are side by side; near the top below the numbers.

I have seen videos and guides trough time that are not easy. I know because ive experimented the indications and i have notice that the software did not correspond to the instructions. Maybe it have happen also to yourself? I always do my best that my indications are accurate and easy to understand. I dont hesitate to put step by step images, even do some circles into the printscreens; to give peoples precise indications.

I have not put the shotcut keys for the Edit Mode, for selecting a Corner, or Edge or Face. But think to add it later those shortcut keys into the guide. I will indicate here that the letter: X is for Corner, letter C is for an Edge; and letter V is for a Face. You should notice these letters is near the spacebar of the keyboard. While you read this here, you can just try it to experiment.

The link to the free pdf guide is the same as told previously, i have just replaced the new version over the previous version. It have now 17 pages, i can easy imagine the number of pages; because ive not indicated much and already 17 pages.

One thing for sure without peoples help to make me understand softwares and giving me the permissions to do printscreens; i could not be able to do my free pdf guides on many softwares. I like to help peoples into softwares. As told it's important for my self to make the softwares guides, the most accurate; easy to follow and to understand.

I wonder what you think about it so far?
It's important for me to know, because i think and care for peoples.

A+

Post Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:29 pm 

Just letting you know that ive added an other page. The page number 18 indicate how to move or rotate or scale along the X axe or Y axe or Z axe with some keyboard shortcut keys. Ive also added in Edit Mode the keyboard shortcut keys to choose a corner or edge or face.

A+

Post Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:30 pm 

Looks good. I have some difficulty following your guide from one page to the other when you switch the BforArtists version 1 and 2 printscreen version. I wonder if there is an easier way to organize the topics for the different versions?

Could you clarify on page 13 the topic of being in "select mode?" You mention "Also that you are in « Select Mode » and that your (Tab « Item ») is On." I got lost on that section.

From your usage so far of BforArtists, do you recommend using version 2?

thanks!
-mark

Post Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:28 am 

Thank's MadMrMax for pointing this out. Your great! It help me do better guides, that's fantastic!

Yes i agree this free pdf guide is some how mixed.
This is because i try to learn the quickstart videos that are made for version 1, also that when i ask some questions for the software; the answers are more for bforartists version 2.

Because i try to understand them both and because there are peoples that have BforArtists version 1 also BforArtists version 2. I try what i can to explain both softwares. Note that i'm also learning theses softwares bit by bit.

In time for not mixing both softwares i have the idea to create a free pdf guide for just BforArtists version 1. Also to create an other free pdf guide but just for BforArtists version 2. This will help to not mix the instructions. But for now because there are peoples that ask me infos about the version 1 and infos about version 2. I try to put both versions into 1 guide. Also i write things that i learn and understand, (well think that i have understand) because there is so many possibility and ways to do things.

For your question about what version i recommend, i recommend both versions. Why? Because the version 1 (there download section) is writen on there site a "stable version" and that there version 2 (download section) by the time i write this; say it is a "development version". Also the version 1 is based on the 3D software Blender version 2.79b, that if i'm correct is the last version that have the blender game engine. The version 2 of BforArtists is based on Blender version 2.83, you can see the description in there download section. The other reason is that there Quickstart videos on youtube are made for version 1, the link to there quickstart videos is into the guide.

Next thing...
I have updated the guide (page 13) i agree it was not too much clear. That's why on the image i have put much more "colored-pointing-lines" also have put more text over the image indicating the things.

I hope it help to clear things these new indications?

Remember, i try to learn both softwares, and indicate both softwares of what ive learn.
Also that in time i intend to separate in 2 guides the version 1 and the version 2.
This of course with my ways of life and the time i have.
But if i have not much time to write 2 guides, then i think to do one guide based on version 2; because it is the latest. So it's normal to do it for a latest version.

A+

Post Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:45 am 

I have updated it again. I have found that page 16 was not clear enough, the 3 images did not have much indications. It's always important for my self that the indications is clear and accurate. Well i try to do my best.

A+

Post Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:00 pm 

There is now 19 pages. I have added a page that can help many peoples with BforArtists. The page is the search menu. It help you to do some keyword search to know how to do fiew things and see the shortcut key. On the page 19 i indicate you to use the search menu for BforArtists version 1 and version 2. I'm pretty sure it will help in your 3D modeling. I continue my learning and experiments.

The link is still the same for this free pdf guide:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=17ANvDZvigt1y_UpNUBHhKyY2pZLu8HMr

A+

Post Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:06 pm 

Awesome! I'll check it out in the next few days!

-mark

Post Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:52 pm 

By the time i write this, the guide was before 19 pages; now it have 26 pages.

Things added:
It indicate now how to "subdivide" an "edge" into 2 or more edges.
It indicate how to "subdivide" a "face"
It indicate how to (weld and dissolve) choosen vertex points, that share the "same edges"; making one edge or face.
It indicate how to "create an edge" with "two vertex points"

I have passed some time to try to figure it out things by my self.
At leass there is some peoples from BforArtists that help me in some of my questions.
But i try to do things by my self, dont want to disturb them too much.

The free pdf guide is getting better bit by bit.

A+

Post Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:26 pm 

Very cool! Some more feedback

1) For people who are not familiar with edit tools I'd recommend telling users about the Undo feature early so they can experiment and undo any issues that they get into.

2) For page 18 are the keyboard shortcuts the same for v1 and v2? If they are, then maybe include a screen shot of BforArtists v2 on the same page. Since I installed v2 I'm looking at your guide and I skipped page 18 since the image wasn't of v2. This would be similar to what you did on page 19!

(I'll continue reviewing)

Board index » Welcome to GoPinball » General Discussion