Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Resources » Resources Exchange

Post subject: [Request] Simple full gameroom model (quarter) for VR
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:44 am 

This is probably super simple to do and I shouldn't really request it, but I don't have the knowhow to do it myself so I hope someone has the time to do this, it shouldn't take to long.

Like many others I am using the custom gameroom model to replace the ugly (or none existing) gamerooms of many tablets with my own textures. I recently started playing in VR with an Oculus Rift and now its really distracting that the current model only consists of one wall and half a floor leaving the rest of the "room" empty.

So what I need would simply be a full room model. Doesn't need to include (and actually shouldn't) any additional 3D objects or anything fancy. Just a quarter with four walls, a full floor and a ceiling.

Post subject: Re: [Request] Simple full gameroom model (quarter) for VR
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:18 pm 

Check out this link:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=45

Cheers

Post Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:12 am 

My version of "Swords of Fury" has a full game room (link below). After you download it, open the model manager on the table editor and export the model "Arcade Wall with sides". The model only has half a room so you can add the same model for the other half of the room and rotate it 180 degrees. You have to create an ornament first and add the model to it, then add a texture using the texture manager, then add the texture to the texture field on the ornament. You can see the way the room was set up on the "Swords of Fury". I don't know of any resources for textures to use although you can create your own.

http://www.pinsimdb.org/pinball/table-2 ... om_physics

George

Post Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:06 am 

Gimli wrote:

Sadly the same model I used before. If you look at the animated pictures you can see that the model ends at right and left sides of the wall.

Still thanks for the try though.

GeorgeH wrote:
My version of "Swords of Fury" has a full game room (link below). After you download it, open the model manager on the table editor and export the model "Arcade Wall with sides". The model only has half a room so you can add the same model for the other half of the room and rotate it 180 degrees. You have to create an ornament first and add the model to it, then add a texture using the texture manager, then add the texture to the texture field on the ornament. You can see the way the room was set up on the "Swords of Fury". I don't know of any resources for textures to use although you can create your own.

http://www.pinsimdb.org/pinball/table-2 ... om_physics

George

Thanks a lot man, that is exactly what I searched for and rotating it for the ceiling a good idea.

Much appreciated.

Also, this looks like an interesting table in its own right.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:53 pm 

xxthegodxx wrote:
Thanks a lot man, that is exactly what I searched for and rotating it for the ceiling a good idea.

Much appreciated.

Also, this looks like an interesting table in its own right.

Thanks.

Actually one model will do one wall and one half of each of the two side walls. You have to rotate the model to get the back wall and the remaining portion of the two side walls. I am not sure it is possible to do the ceiling but you might try doing the ceiling like you would do the floor on the texture.

George

Board index » Resources » Resources Exchange